Friday 2 December 2016

World's Aids Day

I had only heard about HIV/AIDS from movies, posters and jingles and i thought oh well it is  far away and can not come close to where i am. Well imagine my shock when someone close to me looked at me an said i am HIV positive and even though i knew she was a little outgoing in her ways i was still disturbed and then she went ahead to explain to me that she had gotten it from cutting her nails from the mallams. i didn't believe her but kept quiet and just looked at her in disbelief. well she went on to live a healthy life but then had a terrible crisis in 2009 that got us all scared and wondering if that was the end. God intervened and she recovered but if had doubts about HIV/AIDS that episode cleared it all and made me know and believe that it was real and yes it doesn't show on the face.
since then i became passionate about raising awareness and still continued to do this anytime the opportunity came up. So in line with this year's theme of worlds aids day. I took a picture with the hashtag and shared on all my social media pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Being an Army Wife..

Photo Credit - Pinterest Mr M works for one of the military agencies and i always knew it won't be easy being his wife  because fro...